Collecting your Information
Cogito Group uses your personal data for the purposes of maintaining and improving this website, to manage recruitment campaigns and for organisational planning purposes.
If you apply for a position with Cogito Group, Cogito Group will also use your information to administer the recruitment process (for example, in order to evaluate and select candidates, set up interviews and tests and review test results).
The types of personal data collected from your use of this website (or other dealings with Cogito Group), and used for the purposes above, include the following (as applicable):
- Questions, queries or feedback you submit, including your email address if you send us an email
- Your IP address, and details of which version of web browser you used
- If you apply for a position with Cogito Group, information that you provide as part of, or that is generated as a result of, the application process (including, without limitation, information relating to the interview/test process or contained in your CV and application documents and, where appropriate and relevant, consideration of information from publicly available sources)
- If you are a supplier, customer, or otherwise have a commercial relationship with Cogito Group, your contact details, correspondence that you send and other information about you that you, or your organisation, provide as part of day-to-day business relations
A legal basis for this processing is that it is necessary for Cogito Group's legitimate interests of organising its recruitment and marketing process, pursuing day-to-day commercial relationships and operating this website and any competition or challenge offered by Cogito Group.
Cogito Group does not disclose your personal data to unauthorised third parties.
However, Cogito Group may from time to time use third parties to act on Cogito Group's behalf, for example, to provide services. You agree that your personal data may be transferred, disclosed to and/or used by any entity within Cogito Group's group and/or third parties acting on Cogito Group's behalf. You also agree that your information may be transferred, stored and used outside the country where you provided it, including countries outside the European Economic Area (such as the US) ("Third Countries"). Any transfers will comply with all data protection restrictions.
If you apply for a position with Cogito Group:
- If you reach the final interview stage, you will be required to provide documents to verify your identity and address as this information is legally required to enable background checks to take place. If you do not get offered (or do not accept) a role with the company, this information will be promptly deleted.
- If you accept an offer of employment with the company, your name, email address and a copy of documents provided to verify your identity and address will be shared with the company's background screening service provider for the legitimate interests of ensuring that prospective staff meet the company's security standards and comply with their terms of employment.
In addition, Cogito Group may disclose your personal information for legal reasons (for example, if there is a legal obligation to do so).
You have the right to request access to, information about, restriction of processing of, or deletion or correction of, your personal data that the Company holds.
If you would like to request to exercise these rights, or for more information about how Cogito Group uses your personal information, please contact Cogito Group by emailing: email@example.com.
If you apply for a position with Cogito Group or use this website, you confirm that all information you provide is accurate and that you have the right to provide us with any and all information that you submit.
The company will not store your personal information for longer than is necessary for the purposes outlined above. If you apply for a position and do not get offered (or do not accept) a role with the company, unless you notify us otherwise by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, the company will use best endeavours to retain your application details for a period of no more than up to five years for statistical and record-keeping purposes and to consider you for, and notify you of, future vacancies that may be of interest.
KEEPING YOUR DATA SECURE
Transmitting information over the internet is generally not completely secure, and we cannot guarantee the security of your data. Any data you transmit is at your own risk. We have appropriate procedures and security features in place to try and keep your data secure once we receive it, whether over the internet or otherwise.
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small text file that is downloaded onto a computer or other device that can be used to identify the user or device and to collect information.
Our website uses both first party and third party cookies to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to help improve your experience of the site.
The following cookies are used on our website:
- Google analytics
To opt out of third party cookies please refer to the relevant third party website for more information. For example, you can use Google's opt-out browser add-on: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies you may not be able to access all or parts of our website.
Please find further information as to the deletion of cookies, as well as further general information, available here: www.aboutcookies.org